Almost one year ago, I started The Mangum Law Firm, LLC in Rolling Meadows, Illinois. I'm originally from Los Angeles, so this was a huge move for me. Honestly, I never pictured myself living outside of the Los Angeles area. I moved to Illinois from New Mexico in July of 2008. I'll have to discuss how I arrived in New Mexico during another entry. Four days after my arrival in Illinois, I accepted a job offer from a State's Attorney's Office. Although I loved being a Prosecutor, I wanted to own my own law firm.
I did not know any lawyers prior to law school. I started by doing research about private law practice. I was fascinated by the amount of information that covers the topic of solo law practice. Additionally, I contacted a small number of attorneys and judges and asked for advice on starting a law firm.
I remember my last day as an Assistant State's Attorney. I was both excited and somewhat nervous. I felt as if I was on top of a very large cliff, right at the edge. I was looking over the edge, but I could not see the bottom. I jumped, and fortunately there was a net to catch me. I launched my law firm on June 1, 2010.
No comments:
Post a Comment